Bookkeeping Service Manager
Bernie’s experience within the NHS began 9 years ago, employed as a Finance Officer for a local GP Practice and related Pharmacy Business. Initially using IRIS and SAGE and then migrating to Xero, she managed all aspects of the accounting systems including credit control, bank reconciliations, VAT returns, monthly analysis and reporting, year-end reconciliations and petty cash systems. Bernie also managed all matters relating to the payroll and pension schemes for both companies, using IRIS Payroll and Sage payroll.
Bernie has strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with extensive experience in the development and implementation of new systems and procedures.
She began her working life as a trainee in the IT industry and went on to join a firm of accountants to manage the setting up of a computerised system of payroll and accounts and the transfer from manual to IT systems.
She then worked as a Programmer Analyst and progressed to Programming Manager, managing a small team supporting the development of accounting and payroll applications, along with user training and producing training documentation.
Bernie also held the position of IT Project Coordinator managing the implementation of a new data capture system for a local authority and has worked in a freelance capacity for a number of companies converting their manual accounting and payroll systems to Sage and, more recently, to Xero.
- Xero certified advisor with 10 years of experience in GP finance
- Certified training and supervisor of bookkeeping process
- Expertise in Open Exeter management and trouble-shooting
- Significant experience in audited and successfully claiming historic drug claim errors
- Tradeshift billing and management of invoice processing, including debt collection
- Troubleshooting NHS finance related issues, including software and IT problems
- Experience in building and implementing efficient and effective internal operational systems and policies
- Certified practitioner in Neuro Linguistic Programming